NASIR JAMSHED HAS BEEN SUSPENDED FROM ALL FORM OF CRICKET

Left-handed opener Nasir Jamshed on Monday (February 12 2017) has been provisionally suspended from all forms of cricket by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for violating its anti-corruption code, PSL chairman Najam Sethi announced on Twitter. He had earlier in the day stated that strict action will be taken against those who are found guilty of corruption charges in the Pakistan Super League (PSL).

nasir jamsed showing bat.

PSL has already been rocked by corruption scandal with Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif being suspended from the tournament with Mohammad Irfan currently under investigation.

“The PCB took the lead in the Pakistan Super League scandal, unlike the time when the International Cricket Council (ICC) had caught three Pakistani players involved in the 2010 spot-fixing scandal,” PCB chairman Shahryar Khan said. “We took action as soon as we had sufficient evidence. The two boys that were sent back to Pakistan took the same flight as I did and I told them how disappointed I was with their actions. The PCB does not take such scandals lightly.

“Mohammad Irfan is still being investigated, however he has not been served a show-cause notice at the moment,” he added while stating that the notice will be sent to him in the next couple of days.

He also clarified that Shahzaib Hasan and Zulfiqar Babar have been cleared and no action will be taken against them.

“Once the investigation has been finalised, a disciplinary committee will be formed, headed by a senior judge. The committee will then hear what each of the accused has to say before deciding upon a punishment for them.

“I want to make it clear that the PCB wants deterrent punishments for anyone who is really guilty. Players should not think that they will be able to pursue their cricketing careers till four or five years after they have been punished,” he added.

He clarified PCB’s anti-corruption code stand on players who are approached by bookies and said, “If the player does not report the incident to an official, they are considered guilty even if they did not plan to take the offer up,” he concluded.